Europa Worldwide Group – Media Relations, Digital & Social Marketing
18th March 2020
Established in 1966, The Sunday Times Top Track 250 company Europa Worldwide Group is a rapidly expanding, privately owned operator offering specialist roadfreight, air, sea and logistics services, with an unrivalled land service to the whole of Europe.
The business, headquartered in Dartford, has 13 branches across the UK and a strong presence in more than 100 countries across six continents. It employs more than 1000 people with a turover of £205m+.
Following its aquisition, Eden was tasked with creating a robust communications strategy and then delivering it. This has included project managing an entire company wide rebrand. Eden is also responsible for overseeing Europa’s wider communications, its digital marketing and digital strategy and wider brand marketing functions.
Key to the strategy has been to communicate Europa’s brand as an innovative, forward thinking, and ambitious business – a business not afraid to do things differently in a marketplace where change isn’t commonplace. A business where people are proud to work, which challenges the status quo and which is constantly looking to grow.
The PR campaign – driven by Eden working very closely with the Managing Director – is fluid, constantly reviewed and ultra-creative and results driven, to help make this goal a reality.
Strategy and Plan
For Eden’s PR campaign to reflect Europa’s ambitious business plan, we need to reflect its internal values in every piece of copy we draft and in every conversation we have with journalists.
We created a rolling activity programme of both public and press relations. We split the public and press relations into the business’s five divisions – giving the separate teams a tailored and honed selection of opportunities each month across a diverse range of media and audiences, which are targeted and results-driven and which can be tangibly linked to increased sales.
The broader picture: we deliver an overarching programme of activity for the business which promotes its overall successes across all regions where the business has a branch and we lead specific campaigns for MD Andrew – such as his high-profile pro Brexit campaign and his petition to parliament to ease congestion at the Dartford Tunnel. Both of these campaigns have been disruptive and headline-grabbing from the get go and have put Andrew and Europa on the media’s agenda.
As Europa’s long standing retained PR agency, our strategy is simple – never stay still. We are constantly thinking of new and more creative ways to keep Europa in the media spotlight and to add to the brand’s credibility.
- Increased audience reach year on year
- Europa’s engagement levels are rising – across all social platforms
- Major proactive PR campaigns launched and managed across local, regional and national media – e.g. Brexit, Stop the Convoys, Europa FLOW, Corby £60m warehouse
- Ongoing coverage achieved in national broadcast and print media including BBC Radio 4, Sky News, ITV, BBC, Daily Mail, Huffington Post, The Times
- Robust relationships cemented with Europa’s key trade press
- High profile opportunities for Directors including a position on the Daily Mirror’s pre-general election debate committee
- Secured participation in industry leading webinars and events including
- Integrating Europa’s social platforms and creative use of assets